Picking out clothes for your kids is not easy. You have to find something that they'd be comfortable wearing; clothes that are easy for them to get in and out of; clothes that they will love to wear. For a lot of parents, it is also important that the clothes they buy make their kids look good. Thus, many parents invest on the latest fashion trends in kids clothing.
Kids Fashion Trends for 2013 and 2014
Since most of the year is almost done, trends are shifting towards the year to come, 2014. But then, winter is just about to go full blast, so there's also a lot of new and fashionable stuff for the cold months. Here are some of the latest in kids clothing for the reminder of 2013 and for the coming year.
Fall / Winter Trends
The fall / winter trend in kids clothing uses a lot of silhouettes and adopts a number of style varieties. Mixing and matching is a big thing. Here are specific things you might want for your kid:
- Knitwear like cardigans, sweaters and jumpers.
- Fake fur – for both boys and girls. Look for fur coats, bags, hats, collars and ear muffs.
- Go for clothes with neutral hues and natural colors. You'll never go wrong with black and white, although some parents might consider these colors too grim. If that is the case, go for more neutral ones like brown or gray. Add some brightness by pairing these colors with pinks, blues, purples and some orange.
- Denims will never go out of style. No matter what season or time of the year, always get some jeans for your kids. Skinny jeans are still good, but you may want to try out embellished jeans for a slightly different look. These are jeans accented with crystals or laces. Denim jumpsuits should be just perfect for your little boy!
- Hats for kids have always been creative and fashionable. You will not go wrong in choosing bold printed ones. The same thing goes for fur and knitted hats. It all actually depends on the kind of look and feel you want for your kid.
- Your little boy should pair their jumpers with V-neckline shirts. Dressing him up in grunge jeans will also make your little boy look and feel good. He'll easily stand out in a crowd.
- Bold prints are the "in thing" for little boys.
- Military-inspired outfits never go out of style for fashionable little boys.
- Get some clothes with embroidery and appliqués for your little girl. Stripes, statement prints and polka dots will also be popular.
- Finally, do not be afraid to experiment with colors. Veer away from usual color pairings and try to pair off contrasting colors. You'll be surprised at the results!
For the Year 2014
Next year, vibrant colors – bright hues – will continue to dominate kids' clothing. Big prints and bold graphics on tops (including sweaters) will also be common. Embellished denims (with appliqués, buttons, laces, etc …) will likewise continue to make an appearance. Other trends include watercolor prints, Indian-inspired cloths and scribble or drawing-like prints.
No matter what the trend is, when choosing clothes for your kids, it is important to remember that what matters most is how comfortable and confident they feel in their clothes.